Thursday, September 2, 2010

Couch to 5k: Week 1

I did it. I braved the dangerous streets of Layton, UT. Extreme weather and treacherous conditions were overcome. I fought injuries and perservered. Ok - we know I'm exaggerating. But seriously, I really did complete Week One of the Couch to 5k program. I'm feeling nervous about week 2, but I'm proud of myself for tackling week one. Despite my worry, I know that I can (and will) do it.

My mom has taught me a lot about pace. I have a tendency to want to sprint at the start. She reminds me that finishing is more important than speed. I will be sad when she goes home, but I believe that she's going to be the one to thank (along with myself of course) for my getting to the 5k finish line in another 8 weeks. After all- I WILL get there in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails