Thursday, September 23, 2010

Couch to 5k: Week 4

It's official: I've passed the half-way point in the Couch to 5k program, and it feels fantastic. I didn't intend for it to take over the blog, but it seems to have. I guess it's become a big part of me, so it's only natural.

It was a great week. I'd like to figure out how the heck to get my heart rate down so I can get into the 60-50% range. Slowing my pace doesn't really seem to do it, as I spend most of my running intervals around 80%, or even higher towards the end of the run. Does anyone have advice?

Next week is a significant one. Check out the week 5 intervals (not including the 5 minute warm-ups and cool-downs):

Day 1:

Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes
Walk 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)
Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)
Walk 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)
Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes

Day 2:
Jog 3/4 mile (or 8 minutes)
Walk 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)
Jog 3/4 mile (or 8 minutes)

Day 3:
Jog two miles (or 20 minutes) with no walking

I'm feeling surprisingly optimistic about the jump, and am actually quite excited to tackle it. I felt good this week, and can't wait for next week too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails