Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Counterproductive

Sometimes it's not so bad to be counterproductive. I ran my first solo run this morning. I was quite proud of myself, since I've leaned on the company of others to get my sleepy butt out of bed. This time I decided that I didn't want to let myself down. So where does the counterproductivity come in?

Well, this is what I had for breakfast. I know... for shame.


I surprised Jeff with a homemade pumpkin cheesecake accompanied by homemade whipped cream & a sprinkling of pecans. The only unfortunate thing about any proper home made cheesecake (besides the gluttonous aspect of its consumption), is that it had to set overnight. So of course we couldn't wait until dinner. It made a lovely breakfast. The texture is light, and the amount of spice is just perfect. The extra steps of the springform pan, bain marie (water bath), and cooling/setting process are so worth it. I dare say it beats the Cheesecake Factory's seasonal pumpkin cheesecake.

Our third wedding anniversary is next week, so thought this would be a fun early indulgence for us. Besides, what better than a delectable pumpkin treat to put us in the mood for Autumn's approach (as if we needed any additional help with that)?


By the way - beware of the 2010 pumpkin shortage. You may want to call around and stock up for the season once you find it. I tried four stores before success at a WinCo that is ten miles away. I purchased six cans. Yes, I know I could have used fresh butternut, acorn, or another fall/winter squash. What can I say? I'm a pumpkin loyalist.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails