Thursday, September 16, 2010

Couch to 5k: Week 3

I was so nervous about this week, but it wasn't so bad. While I still don't consider myself to be athletic by any stretch of the imagination, I am beginning to feel more like a runner. And the craziest part is that I like it. I'm not quite in love with running yet. But I'm learning to love it. So I'd say that running and I have made it to first base, and we're getting close to second. Ooh la la!

Below is what week four's intervals look like:
Jog 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)
Walk 1/8 mile (or 90 seconds)
Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)
Walk 1/4 mile (or 2-1/2 minutes)
Jog 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)
Walk 1/8 mile (or 90 seconds)
Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)

Week three gave me a little boost of confidence, so I'm not as wary. Besides - the loom of winter snow has become my motivation to finish the program in the planned 9 weeks... so I can, will, and am doing it. I know I can get to the finish line so I'm going to keep pushing forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails