Sunday, June 22, 2008

Did Someone Say... Coconut Lime?!

I haven't baked much since moving into this house. Our oven is archaic. It may not be an antique, but it is comically old and quite temperamental. With the recent purchase of a mouth-watering cupcake cookbook, I decided to give it a whirl. The result is what you see to the left: Coconut Lime Cupcakes (with Snoopy cupcake liners)! I thought it would be a fun welcome to summertime, and a little reminiscent of the jaunts I used to take to Mexico when I lived in Arizona. Aside from a little taste of the (delectable) icing, I haven't tried them yet. Once we dive into these goodies (when Jeff gets home), we'll see if the oven was in a good mood today.


For those of you that would like to see the glory that is our oven/stove... check out the original ad circa 1963 (click to maximize your full viewing pleasure). Though our house certainly has character, it definitely needs some updating. It could be worse--at least the appliances aren't originals from when the house was built in 1931.

S
Related Posts with Thumbnails