Sunday, June 22, 2008

Did Someone Say... Coconut Lime?!

I haven't baked much since moving into this house. Our oven is archaic. It may not be an antique, but it is comically old and quite temperamental. With the recent purchase of a mouth-watering cupcake cookbook, I decided to give it a whirl. The result is what you see to the left: Coconut Lime Cupcakes (with Snoopy cupcake liners)! I thought it would be a fun welcome to summertime, and a little reminiscent of the jaunts I used to take to Mexico when I lived in Arizona. Aside from a little taste of the (delectable) icing, I haven't tried them yet. Once we dive into these goodies (when Jeff gets home), we'll see if the oven was in a good mood today.


For those of you that would like to see the glory that is our oven/stove... check out the original ad circa 1963 (click to maximize your full viewing pleasure). Though our house certainly has character, it definitely needs some updating. It could be worse--at least the appliances aren't originals from when the house was built in 1931.

S

5 comments:

  1. Hey that stove looks just like the one on Bewitched. I'm surprised it still works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cupcakes are muy delicioso! Lime frosting, mmmmmmm!

    We were surprised that the oven still worked too when we moved in. Every once in a while it throws a temper tantrum, and out tots come out a little burnt, but to be honest, they hold up in your pockets better when they're burnt. Gosh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well if they were that good then you should share the recipe, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally love your stove- And omg those cupcakes look so good! I was going to cook some tonight but only have 2 eggs left and they need 3 /cry

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails