Monday, June 9, 2008

Milagrito

Our little miracle: our nurse called with the results of our 3-hour glucose test. It was such relieving news that I almost cried with joy after we finished chatting. She called a little after 5:00 p.m. with her super cheery voice to exclaim that we passed the test with flying colors. As for the baby's size, she simply said that it probably meant that we just had a big, healthy baby--though I'm sure we'll get the full scoop at our next doctor appointment. She closed the conversation with, "So go eat a really great dinner... with dessert!"

With the news of the chunky baby and the failure of the first test, I had mentally and emotionally prepared myself for the worst. As some of you know, I had pretty much convinced myself that I did have gestational diabetes (you can probably tell from my posts on the topic). It was honestly my best way of coping. I knew that regardless of the news, I was ready to handle anything. I'm beyond relieved that it turned out so well.

Our next appointment is on the 16th. We will be sure to talk to the doctor about the baby's size. We want to make sure that the results from the method used to measure the baby's weight isn't an indication that maybe the long bones aren't growing proportionately to the rest of the baby's body. I know... one worry to the next right? ;) I'm really not a pessimist, I swear! I'm sure these last twelve weeks will fly by--then, our best relief will be holding our little angel in our arms. Of course... we know we're in for a life time of typical parental worries at that point (haha).

S

4 comments:

  1. I am so glad everything is good. Relax and don't stress so much yet, it only gets worse, and better at the same time. Did that make any sense? Jeff- thanks for that dumb developers song. Bayler plays it over and over and I can't get it out of my head. Scott read it and thought it was great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it's any consolation I probably play that video as frequent or more than Bayler does and it probably annoys Shauna just as much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew it would all be ok :) Stop worrying and embrace the laws of attraction- Damn it put The Secret on your Net Flix list and watch ASAP :) Love you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad that everything is okay. Try and relax and enjoy this time, it will be over before you know it. How come I don't know about this song? I wanna hear :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails