Saturday, June 7, 2008

Chunky Baby

Yesterday was a bit exhausting for the three of us. We started the day with 3 1/2 hours at the lab for the glucose tolerance test. The high dose of sugar (this time it was the orange flavor) on an empty stomach was nauseating for the first hour, but it didn't last the entire morning, which was good. The phlebotomists were really nice, so they helped make it bearable. They took four draws that left my arm looking a little beat up. Jeff is a waiting room expert, so he was prepared with books, magazines, and video games for the morning. They definitely helped pass the time, but it was just nice to spend the morning chatting with one another. We expect to get the official results on Monday, though I am already suspecting the outcome...

After a great lunch at one of our favorite nearby restaurants (Teapot Vegetarian House), we went to the ultrasound appointment. Jeff will have to fill you all in on the waiting room experience at the ultrasound appointment (I'm sure he'll be posting about it). The baby looked great. S/he was quite active throughout the procedure. It was fun to feel and see the movement at the same time. The technician couldn't get a clear profile shot, so we have a frontal view of the face, which I put some markings on since it may be tough to fully make out.


The not-so-good news is that the baby is much bigger than s/he should be. Our little sprout is now a big sprout, weighing 3 lbs, though 2.5 is normal. This is a sign that the news on Monday regarding the gestational diabetes test will not be pleasant. Regardless of this fact, the ultrasound was really great, and the baby is otherwise quite healthy. We'll be sure to update everyone when we find out the official results from the test. I don't want to get too ahead of myself, but I have a feeling we are in for a high-risk pregnancy.

S

3 comments:

  1. What a cute baby, I think he looks just like Jeff! Are you sure you didn't see a wee-wee?? I really thought it was Bill Gates, but I am very guiable(spelling?)Even if you have Gest. Dia.I know that everything will be just fine. But he does look so cute! I am so excited to see him :)
    P.S. I hope you don't mind that I always call him a boy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, of course we don't mind! We think the guessing game is totally fun. Its so funny that you said the baby looks like Jeff, because I said the exact same thing after looking at that picture! I thought the profile looked more like me, but the frontal face shot is totally Jeff! (His reply was, "What, I look like a skeleton-baby?")

    S

    ReplyDelete
  3. S/he looks like a chubby little thing. The better to kiss!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails