Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Happy birthday Norah!

Norah Ayala Caroline came into this world just about a week ago. It's been a whirlwind of activity and I'm really wishing things would show some sign that they were normalizing soon.

Due to respiratory distress, she was placed in the NICU Wednesday morning right after being born. No parent should ever have to see their child turn so blue (which I've now had to go through two additional times just this last day or so). I didn't get to see her until later that day, and held her for the first time the following day.

I was discharged at about the same time she was moved from the NICU to an intermediate nursery. The hospital has been great, letting me stay in a "twilight room", which is a very basic room for families to stay in when mamas are discharged before babies. I do however have the added stress of not knowing from day to day if I have the room for another night. They base it off of need, which I think is great but difficult nonetheless.

So here I remain to help our precious baby girl get well. It hasn't been easy, and the postpartum hormones aren't helping my emotional stability. I've been feeling weepy, and miss Jeff and Harper with painful intensity.

I have more to say, but am far too sleepy to continue writing. Please send Norah all of your good get-well vibes, as she sure could use them. I'll try to post again soon with an update  in her progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails