Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Get Well Checklist


You may be wondering what the scoop is on little Miss Norah. She's doing well overall, and hasn't had any more episodes of needing rescue oxygen. Hopefully those two incidents were isolated & won't happen again. The pediatricians have four basic goals for her, though not all of them are necessarily keeping us in the hospital:

-gain weight
-wean oxygen needs
-establish breastfeeding (this has been a challenge because of her respiratory issues)
-maintain body temperature without help of isolette/incubator

When the time comes, she'll likely come home on low-flow oxygen as well as the feeding tube in her nose. Of course this makes me a tad nervous, but I'm sure we'll get used to managing and caring for the o2 and NG feeding tube. Hopefully we'll know more soon about a goal timeline for her coming home. Jeff and I are both aching to get her home and be together as a family of four. Harper is yearning for some normalcy too. Man I miss my little buddy.

I'd like to send a huge thank you to our family for helping care for Harper during this tough time. Not only have you helped watch Harper, but you've helped Jeff have more time with Norah as well as with me. I would be a wreck if it weren't for Jeff's visits. I sure am fortunate to have a husband and partner seemingly designed just for me.

1 comment:

  1. Wishing all of you the most positive thoughts! Congratulations on your new princess.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails