Thursday, January 8, 2009

Rollie Pollie

A couple of days ago, Harper rolled from his back to his belly! He has been rolling from his back to his side for quite some time now, but finally achieved the 180 degree roll. I was using our Wii Fit while Harper was on his gym that we had set up in the "L" of the couch. I looked over, only to find him on his belly - practically rolled off of the couch. I wasn't all that excited about it until the immediate panic subsided. A couple seconds later and he seriously would have rolled onto the floor. I'm glad we had the gym set up, because he was more or less hanging on by one of the gym's bars. He's definitely on the move, now; there's no turning back. :) He also is getting closer and closer to sitting up by himself, which will be super exciting.

We're guilty of not giving him enough tummy time. He has always hated it, and just cries the entire time. The new pediatrician said that we should treat it like daily medicine. Sigh... I know we especially should now that he's close to crawling. However, maybe he'll be like me when I was a baby and just want to roll everywhere anyway. My mom likes to tell a story about how when I was a baby, I didn't like to crawl, so elected to roll instead. Her theory is that I didn't like the feel of it on my knees. Sounds like a bit prissy to me. ;)

I'm posting this late at night because I can't sleep at all! I think a cold is passing through everyone in the house. My nose is runny and stuffed at the same time, and my throat is killing me. Jeff has the same symptoms, and even poor Harper is sounding stuffed up. It's his first symptom of being sick ever. I'm so thankful that he is so healthy, and that this is just a minor little thing. There are some sore throats and coughing going on in the household upstairs, too. Hopefully we'll all just be sick at the same time instead of passing it back and forth for a prolonged period of time.

S

1 comment:

  1. Once they start moving there's no stopping them. It's so fun when their mobile but it comes with a few more complications. My favorite being picking up everything off the floor and immediately putting it into their mouths.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails