Sunday, March 30, 2008

Seattle Springtime Snow


Most of western Washington has seen snow during these past few days. Friends in Phoenix have told me that they are seeing temperatures in the high eighties. Though that kind of weather does sound refreshing, I am still captivated by snow in the springtime. Not only is this the first place I've lived with snowy weather, but the first time I've ever experienced snow in the spring. My favorite thing to do in the snow is throw a snowball at Dexter. He excitedly catches it in his mouth and eats it! However, we haven't had quite enough snow for that. I'll try to snap a picture of it next winter.

I am now about 17 1/2 weeks pregnant. I try not to gripe about my unpleasant symptoms too much, but sometimes they get the best of me. Jeff is fantastic, and takes great care of me. Also, I feel fortunate to have a decent amount of knowledge about pregnancy. My studies and time as a massage therapist probably gave me the most background on the subject. Not only did I learn about the symptoms themselves, but also why they are present. It is a nice relief to know that my experiences are "normal", and that they are a result of purposeful cause and effect within my body. Of course, no matter how much anyone reads or hears about it, there is no substitute for the experience itself.

Jeff and I have discussed a mini-vacation this summer. We may look for a small cabin on the Washington coast so we can spend a long weekend there with the dogs. It will be a nice, inexpensive getaway for just the two of us before the baby comes. We haven't been to the local coast yet (shame on us), so I'm really looking forward to the prospect.

Sundays are quiet now with Jeff's new schedule. I mostly laze about with the dogs and put off doing homework as long as possible. I've become a huge fan of afternoon naps, and think we should start a petition to introduce siestas into the American culture. Admittedly, that is the pregnant-me talking, but I truly think we would be a more productive, energized society! Think about it!

S

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails