Monday, November 5, 2012

Laundry Day

It may sound a little silly, but doing laundry is one of the things that helps me connect to Norah while I'm at home. Sure - the task itself is, as the incomparable Dr. Horrible says, "a stunningly boring chore", and the hospital is willing to do it... but I insist on doing Norah's laundry. In a way, it helps me to feel more like her mom.

But today I was a little sad as I spritzed each stain. A couple of blankets and boppy covers with lots of dried throw up from when she was feeling sick a few days ago. I wasn't there. Multiple outfits  with poop on them. I wasn't there. And the worst was the shirt with a tinge of blood around the neckline, from a trach change. I wasn't there. Though her laundry had only been sitting for a week tops, some of the spots were even starting to mold a bit. I wasn't there.

Usually, it feels good to do her laundry. My emotional state as of late turned it into something a bit lonelier today. It doesn't help that Harper and I woke with coughs and sore throats this morning, so we won't be going in to see her. Jeff took off early though to be sure to get in some family time for the rest of us. Fortunately, Norah doesn't seem to have whatever we do. Let's hope it stays that way.

2 comments:

  1. Apple Cider Vinegar, half a fresh lemon, honey, water (to taste), and cayenne pepper (as much as you can stand). It's a miracle. Just sip this through the day, it actually isn't bad & tastes quite good.

    Also, for you half a fresh lemon and a clove of minced fresh garlic does miracles! Take it like a shot. On day one do up to 3 shots, and then do a few every day following. I promise! I'm so sorry you are/were sick! I never want you guys to be sick. It's gotta be hard enough to have her not living with you guys. I think about you often and send happy thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I love this post. Who would even have thought about the laundry. Every Mom has loads of laundry from their baby. I love you guys.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails