Monday, July 7, 2008

It's Raining Babies!

Our baby shower is this Saturday in Utah, and I didn't think I could get any more excited.

...I was wrong! My mom called me on Saturday to talk about her travel arrangements to fly from Oakland to SLC for the shower! Baby fever is in full swing. I guess part of me thought she wouldn't make it, but as she said, "I would be a deadbeat mom if I didn't go"! We spent hours on the phone this weekend; we chatted about her travel, the shower, gifts, planning her 2 weeks up here when the baby comes, and her own birth and baby care experiences. Pregnancy has been an emotional and spiritual journey. I love that it's brought me even closer to my own mama.

Emily, thank you sooooo much for putting the baby shower together!! I saw that the weather forecast is calling for some unpleasant temperatures. Be prepared to be a couple of pregnant mamas scarfing down popsicles like there's no tomorrow! Mmmm.. popsicles sound good right now. Haha :)

S

1 comment:

  1. Have such a great shower- I wish I could be there but I will be there in September to celebrate and have our own lil shower :):)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails