Sunday, September 23, 2012

Our Fifth Anniversary

Has it really only been five years? Jeff and I have been through so much that it feels like more. In a good way, of course. On this special milestone, I wanted to do something special for Jeff. I made terrarium replicating our wedding scene. The sand, driftwood, and stone are from Pescadero State beach in California, collected when we took Harper there on his first birthday. The wine corks are from our wedding reception, and represent the huge logs of driftwood on which our guests sat at the ceremony. The twine was leftover from our wedding favors, and I painted the little figurines to look like us on that perfect day. The live moss, blue shell bits (for water), and fence were craft store purchases.




How did we spend our anniversary? We (I) couldn't stand waiting, so we swapped gifts the night before. Jeff's gifts took my breath away - he is just so thoughtful. The actual day was great, though we spent a little more time than I would have liked at the tattoo shop. Yes, I said tattoo! We designed this fun tattoo below, completely on our own. If you know us, you know that we are huge video game nerds. So the Peach and Mario are us, and the "high scores" are our anniversary date (with our combined initials), and the birth dates and initials of our amazing two children. We got the exact same tattoo, done by the same artist, who is really fantastic.



2 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary even if I am 3 days late. Lovely gift idea. It's really fitting to you and that's what matters more than anything!!!! :)

    I like the idea of sticking with the traditional things for anniversaries but since my next one is "Leather" I might give it a miss. (Unless I get nice new shoes. haha)

    Congratulations on 5 great years.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails