Sunday, January 23, 2011

New Doctor

When I went in for my first OB visit for this pregnancy, I was nervous. I was beyond nervous. I had been searching for a doctors and hospitals that were VBAC (vaginal birth after cesarean) friendly, and came up with so little useful information, except that the closest hospital to me was not supportive of VBACs. Time was ticking away, so I made a desperate appointment with a doctor at the University of Utah. He was the only one available at short notice (that should have been a cautionary flag right there).

He was horrible. I don't doubt his competency, but he was not what I was looking for in a doctor. I won't go into detail, but I knew immediately that I wouldn't be going back to him.

The hunt was on again. Because this doctor said that he was willing to "try" a VBAC, and I didn't want to have to start from scratch, I decided to search within the same practice at the U of U. I made an appointment with someone else, and I have to say... I LOVE her. Love Love Love Love her. She was thorough, sweet, understanding, attentive, and incredibly supportive. She spent about thirty minutes with me, taking her time discussing my history and needs. I don't have enough good things to say about her. Jeff and I are both so relieved.

So in a couple days I'm headed into the second trimester and am feeling much better. My morning sickness is all but gone (typing that better not jinx anything), my fatigue is starting to lighten up, and I'm feeling really optimistic about everything. It's incredible what a difference a good doctor can make.

1 comment:

  1. My beautiful niece..........yes~I think baby H. will have a little sister to love! I miss you sweetie, just the other day, I came across a photo of you and Samantha, she was about 1-1/2, and you...........so beautiful in the pic. I love you mucho. Auntie Velma

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails