Thursday, January 13, 2011

Beaded Knitting


This is my first beaded knitting project: fingerless gloves for my mom. Sure sure, she'll see this post, but she already knows that I'm making them. So mom, here is your sneak peek! Though not the best photo, this is a closeup of the cuff (the bottom is the base of the arm).

The fingering weight yarn is Stroll Hand Painted in Lullaby by Knit Picks, the beads were an Etsy purchase, and the pattern is Rolling Thunder Gloves by the extremely talented Silvia Harding. I can't wait to see how they come out! The variegated yarn may not have been the best choice to see the lovely stitch definition in this pattern, but I'm still enjoying it nonetheless.

I can't wait to see how they turn out after completion & blocking.

3 comments:

  1. My beautiful Niece...your Mom is going to love this. Incredible work. Love the beads. Kiss my baby H. for me and hugs to your hubby. I love you so much. Love, Auntie Velma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Shauna,
    So talented! The color is incredible and the beads absolutely gorgeous. The best, though, is the love you put into the creation. And while I am usually terrible at waiting (do you remember me offering you presents early because I was too excited to wait?, this time the waiting is easy because ..... you gave me a peak :) .
    Momma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shauna, this is beautiful. You'll have to show me how and the finished product.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails