Monday, December 1, 2008

Last Days and Belly Laughs

Our last days in Seattle are upon us. Packing and preparing for the move has proved to be a huge challenge while taking care of Harper. I have been feeling overwhelmed with the never-ending to-do list and upcoming changes (including going back to work in January... which is a saddening topic for another day). My mom was a tremendous help, and I have no idea how we would have gotten things done without her! We're getting closer to being totally ready - hopefully we will be fully ready when it's time to go!

So with these stresses (including being a bit sad about leaving Seattle), I've felt a bit down... but that changed last night. Harper and I were playing together after he ate, and he was in a goofy, happy mood. After I gave him a little "bloop bloop" tickle on the tip of his button nose, he let out the most adorable laugh from the depths of his belly. As you've seen from the various pictures on the blog, he has a big, bright and contagious smile. We knew it was only a matter of time before he let out an equally vibrant laugh. I'm sure it sounds like a cliche, but it was like angels singing to my heart. He's a talkative and happy baby. We are so fortunate to have him in our lives. He gives meaning to life, and I am reminded that all of these changes are for him. The hardships we face pale in comparison to those that others go through. That little laugh set things right, and reminded me what the Thanksgiving holiday is all about. Enjoy the happy (somewhat blurry) picture below... note the drool streaming from his mouth. :)


S

1 comment:

  1. Wow have a good move! Excited to have you closer to me :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails