Saturday, December 13, 2008

Snowy Utah

We made it! We are in Utah, and have settled in as best we can while only partially unpacked. We're endlessly thankful that Jeff's sister Emily and her family opened their home to us during this transition. We're also thankful to Jeff's entire family (and my mom!!) for helping with the entire move. The Gunnells are such wonderful people, and I feel fortunate that I am a part of their family.

Things are quite stressful (and disappointing) with selling the Seattle house, but I just keep telling myself that, "It's only money". With so much love all around us, we don't need anything else. I'm just thankful for what we have (which is indeed so much), and especially for our healthy baby boy.

I do admittedly have a few regrets about the move - especially that time flew by so quickly that we didn't have the chance to say some goodbyes that we would have liked to. That pretty much goes for all of our friends in Seattle. Okay, so I don't like goodbyes, but I wish we would have had time for some kind of adios. Heck, we hardly had enough time for a proper packing job. Things are so much more challenging with little Harper, though I wouldn't change that for anything.

Harper was such a good boy on the trip down here. He is growing so fast. I can hardly believe that he is almost four months old. I'm pretty sure he's starting to teethe, because he has been getting fussy now and then, and has been gnawing on his fingers like they're made of candy.

Moving here is admittedly a bit of a culture-shock compared to Seattle, but I am sure it will grow on me. I am already loving the snow (there are a few inches on the ground right now). Only time will tell what is in store for our little family - but I am sure it is only good things.

1 comment:

  1. Did you sell the house?? And how were all the dogs on the way down? I am so glad you got there all well :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails