Sunday, August 3, 2008

No Baby Yet!

Sorry for not updating everyone earlier. Thank you all for your phone calls and concerns, we are so fortunate to have such loving friends and family. The follow-up appointment with the doctor went really well. She declared that "bedrest agrees with" me, and that my blood pressure was lower than it has been since about week 20. It is still in the high range, but not in the "severe" range anymore. Woohoo!! It is amazing what a difference a few days can make.

Essentially, the baby could come at just about any time--it all depends on my health. They're also going to start conducting the fetal monitor non stress tests weekly. The baby is certainly more than big enough to come now, but it is best to let his/her lungs continue to develop. Each (now weekly) appointment will be a game of drawing straws. If my bp goes up again, they'll induce me. If it stays down, we'll see how long I last. A full-term baby will likely require a ceasarean section, but I'm starting to come to terms with missing out on the natural drug-free birth that I was hoping for. We'll do whatever is best for the baby and I.

I'm getting a bit bored in my horizontal state. It was great when Jeff was home during his days off, but things get a bit dull while he's at work. However, I realize that I should revel in this experience - in a few weeks I will be desperate for this quiet time with zero obligations and an empty to-do list. In the interim, I'm doing my best to keep busy. I've been knitting a blanket, cuddling with the dogs (I feel sad for them that they're no longer going to be the centers of our attention), geeking out on the laptop a bit, and finding other random ways to pass the time. I know, sounds awful, doesn't it? (wink, wink)

We'll be sure to keep you all posted on how things are going!

S

3 comments:

  1. I have to admit I'm a bit jealous, I think I'm in need of some bedrest as well hehe. JK but do enjoy this time and your non-interupted sleep while you can. Can't wait to see this baby!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, Jeff is a bit jealous too. Well, he's just jealous of the part where I don't have to go to work everyday. They laying down all the time is not so fun.

    ...And I can't wait to see YOUR baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shauna, I'm so sorry you are stuck on bedrest but it's worth it if it keeps the baby healthy. I'm impressed you're knitting. I'd love to see what you're doing. I really want to take up knitting again. Have a great day! Love, Carol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails