Wednesday, July 18, 2012

On The Road Again...

After a week and a half at PCMC's PICU, we're headed back to South Davis on Thursday. We had a really great Care Conference, and I didn't even shed a tear. I was close, but Harper was in the room with us, and his presence encouraged my strength.

The truth is, I feel really good about our transition. We have developed a great relationship with South Davis' management. I'm optimistic about the near future, and will continue to work with them to make sure Norah gets everything she needs. We agreed upon protocol for when Norah gets sick, how we decide upon transport, etc.

Of course, this means that we'll be saying farewell (for now) to the PICU staff. I am hoping it won't be as difficult as last time. I sure love them. It's been great since Norah's been feeling better. This stay was at first quite critical, but over the course of the last week and a half, has become more social than anything else.

In other news, Norah has been fitted for new hearing aid molds since she outgrew her current molds. Hopefully we'll get them before we leave tomorrow, but I'm not holding my breath. She was also just fit for an orthopedic brace in an attempt to avoid hip surgery. Sigh. She hates it, but fortunately only has to wear it at night. I'm not sure how effective it will be, but it's worth a try.

Below are some of my new favorite photos. I noticed the bed said there was a 150lb weight limit so we let Harper get in bed with Norah for just a bit. These two sure love each other.





3 comments:

  1. I loved your pictures. They are adorable

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shauna, my name's Shannon and I came over from Kelly Pack's blog. I have to say that you have a very beautiful little girl and a beautiful family! I'm sorry that you all have gone through so much with little Norah. I will keep you all in my thoughts and hope one day soon that little Norah will get to go home soon with you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures of Harper and Norah are just "priceless", especially the one where Norah is touching her big brother's face. I miss all of you and wish I could hold your Little Princess and play with Harper. I love you...Auntie Velma

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails