Thursday, March 15, 2012

Girl's Night!

I can't remember the last time I spent the night with my sweet baby girl. I've been talking about doing a girl's night for quite some time, and we finally did it on Wednesday night. It was a blast! We stayed up late, talked about boys, and partied hard! The only thing we didn't get to was the pedicures. Maybe next time. The highlight of the evening was migrating everything that she's tethered to over to the pullout bed so we could lay on it together for our girl talk. For just a few moments, things felt "normal"... whatever that is.

I'm still in the process of adjusting to daylight savings time, so I had no problem staying up way too late chatting with the night shift nurses. It was super fun, and I can't wait to do it again soon. I do have to admit that I missed the boys at home. Being a divided family is no fun, and I'm so ready for Norah to be able to come home. The tunnel is a long one, but I know that there's a light at the end of it... which is more than a lot of other families can say.

In other news, Norah is has a colonization of gunky bacteria, which is sort of par for the course with a trach. She had about 24 hours with an IV but they switched her to a non-IV antibiotic. She just hates not having function of both hands. They are crucial to both playtime and comfort time. Oh! and I nearly forgot the BIG news - she cut her first tooth last night! I was so glad to be there for it, too.



Sweet cuddles with mama on the pull-out bed. Note the IV in her right hand and the drool-catching bib.

Wiped out from a fun, late night. I loved being able to glance over to my left any time in the night to see this lovely girl on the other side of the room with me.

The morning-after: a bathed, dressed, happy girl! No more IV!


This one was taken a couple days ago. How cute are those leggings? Norah enjoys time travel in her spare time and wanted me to tell you all that 1983 sends its regards.

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVED our girls night and to be honest.... pretty sure cute little Norah loved it too. I adore you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good times in 1983...glad you had a fun night! cutest pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe it's the fact I've been up for the last 2 days and road trips always leave my mind feeling numb. But coming home to an empty and quiet house really sucks. I'll miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails