Friday, July 22, 2011

Practice Labor!

I woke this morning around 4:00 am with some strong-ish contractions that were an average of 5 minutes apart. After timing them for awhile & deciding that it didn't feel quite strong enough to be the real deal, I was able to fall back asleep around 4:45. Harper woke Jeff and I at 6:30 & the contractions were still going. I told Jeff that today could possibly be the day! He was anxious, but I told him that if it was true labor, it felt like very early labor. 


Well, the contractions stopped around 8am. It was a "false" start, but good practice. On the plus-side, it motivated us to check off the final lingering items on our pre-baby to-do list. 


So, I wasn't expecting any real results, but I attribute this little practice session to eating a bunch of "Labor Cookies" last night. I might have to do it again to see if it will lead to the real thing. I've been feeling like labor is looming so thought I'd give them a try. I mostly did it for fun, but also because they sounded yummy! I have a somewhat high tolerance for spicy things, so I doubled the cayenne to 1 (very full) teaspoon when I made them. My mother- & father- in-laws tried them & liked them, so I wanted to share the recipe. If spicy isn't your thing, you could always omit the cayenne altogether, because they're a super yummy ginger cookie!


Jump Start Your Labor Cookies 
(source)


2 1/2 c. flour

1 comment:

  1. With my second, I had about 4 false starts. When he was born I was barely in labour any time at all, my contractions started the second my waters broke and he was born in less than an hour. I hope you have an equally good birth. Enjoy your final days of pregnancy. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails