Thursday, June 30, 2011

Go Figure...

Is the universe sending me some sort of message? Do I have some sort of crazy extrasensory perception? Sometimes I think that's the case, but I'll stay on-topic here. So right after typing yesterday's rant post about our new and improved worsened health care coverage, what was tucked lovingly into our mailbox? That's right folks - a hospital bill was waiting for me. And not just any hospital bill, but one that was a whopping 600% more than I had expected. Silly me (you'd think I'd learn by now, but I'd rather check to be sure), I called both the hospital and insurance company, only to find that the charges were all valid. Sigh.

In other news, I'm feeling pretty great for the most part. This pregnancy has turned out to be much easier on me overall. I've gained less weight, I'm not swelling nearly as much as I did with Harper (I even sported a lovely pair of compression hose last time), and though elevated to "borderline", my blood pressure isn't nearly as bad as it was last time. Interesting that this "high risk" pregnancy ends up being easier than my "normal" one.

With Harper, I would have been set to deliver next week, during the 37th week. Crazy, right? Judging by my progress at today's appointment, my midwife said that it was looking like I was going to be "pregnant for awhile longer". So I'd like to say that the baby will be here in just a few more weeks, but we'll see how things naturally progress. Mother nature has been good to me so far with the summer temperatures, and I don't mind being pregnant for awhile longer. It's no walk in the park, but I've really been enjoying it this time around.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails