Saturday, September 6, 2008

Sprout's Due Date

Today was the doctor's given due date for our beautiful angel to enter this world. However, Harper is two weeks and three days old today. During these past weeks, I have often meditated on the thought that this little guy would probably still be wiggling around in my belly if we had not done the elective early c-section during my 37th week. I am so thankful for this time we've spent as a family so far. It is difficult to imagine being pregnant still. I'm sure Harper has mixed feelings on belly vs. outside world. As you can see in this picture, he still loves to curl up into a seemingly impossible small jelly bean during cuddle time - just as if he was still warm and cozy in the refuge of my tummy.

So yes - everything does change when you have your first baby. I expected life to be totally different, and it is. What "they" don't tell you, is that it isn't just your life and priorities that change... what changes the most is your heart. Of course I expected to love our baby... but I didn't expect to feel so completely engulfed in incomparable ardor.

S

1 comment:

  1. Oh what a cute picture, I can't believe how big he's gotten. Give him a kiss for me!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails