Tuesday, October 1, 2013

I get by with a little help from my...

Today I did something probably long overdue. I met with a clinical social worker. The best part? She came to our house as part of the Medicaid waiver program. We already began to scratch the surface of my challenges, and I'm genuinely looking forward to meeting with her every other week. 

We talked about an array of things, and she was ecstatic to hear me rave about the relationship that Jeff and I have. Jeff and I aren't just husband and wife. We are partners. We are best friends. We laugh, giggle, flirt, cry to one another, vent to one another, comfort each other, and work together like peanut butter and jelly. Our strengths and weaknesses compliment one another so perfectly. We work so well because we came into this with a strong solid foundation. I could tell that hearing all of this was a breath of fresh air for our clinical social worker.

What else do "I get by with a little help from..."? The rest of my family and friends. Thank you all for such love, support, and understanding. As hard as it is for me to live in Utah, I sure am surrounded by amazing people, near and far.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails