Thursday, May 23, 2013

Prologue

Someone might crawl soon!
Has this past two years been a prologue of what may be ahead? I'm not sure... but I do know that it is not our entire story. Despite all we've both endured and enjoyed over the past 22 months, we've only just begun. And now we look forward to the next chapter.

Norah is coming home. 

No - she isn't coming home today, but the end of our hospital stay is in plain sight. Norah has now been on the home ventilator since 8am Tuesday. If she can stay on it continuously for one month, our girl will finally discharge to home. There are many tests and trials ahead for the next month, but everyone is very optimistic. I told Jeff that it will take quite some time at home for me to truly believe that no one is going to take our girl away from us.

This is not a guarantee that things will go as hoped. She could get sick. She could simply not do well on the home vent for so long. Her recurring labs could come back terrible. We don't know what will happen. But again, we're all optimistic.

I believe in Norah, and I believe in our family. We're almost there. Coming home will not be easy. I will be her nurse (and we joke that Jeff will be our CNA). We will be doing a different sort of juggling, but it will still be juggling (likely with less sleep involved). But our family will be happy, healthy, and together... and that is what matters. Thank you all for your continued generosity and support. It was my (somewhat) secret hope that Norah would be home before her second birthday, and it looks like that just might happen. I may not have brought a baby home from the hospital, but I'll take that silly, sassy toddler without any complaint. Let the countdown begin.

Sleeping sweetly on Saturday's day trip...
for the first time ever in her own crib at home.

10 comments:

  1. Hooray for home!!! -Hidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Hooray. Well done to Norah for being so fantabulous at getting there (even if it has taken a time) and to you all for being so strong and wonderful throughout all this. You deserve to be a proper family at last. I hope it all comes along quickly for everyone. Hugs to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! Good luck, sweet Norah girl. We are cheering for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a wonderful update! I'm so excited and happy for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH MY GOODNESS!!!! I am beyond happy for you! SOOOOOOO exciting!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you understand this all too well!!

      Delete
  6. That is wonderful news! Best wishes to you all, Nora is such a doll....she needs to be home with her family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't even stand how ridiculously wonderful this is!!!! I wish I could be a fly on the wall on your SECOND day home when you wake up and realize its not a dream and that you don't have to go VISIT your baby in the hospital!!! Oh my gosh you have made my day!!! SO excited for you!!! Big hugs and kisses to all! Mwah!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hilary! It's been a loooonnngg time coming right?! Hope all is well with you guys!! xo

      Delete
  8. Oh my god!!! Go Norah!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails