Friday, December 30, 2011

Penthouse Suite: Norah's Corner

Norah is now the proud resident of the PICU's "penthouse suite". The corner room in the PICU has lots of light (thanks to extra windows), and is larger than the other rooms. I finally talked my way into getting moved to that room since we're going to be there for so long. The room is all decorated, and has been dubbed "Norah's Corner" to go with her semi-unintentional Winnie the Pooh theme. I'm already going to have to take new photos that show the artwork we placed on the wall. I'm also going to make a fabric-covered bulletin board to show off family photos and pictures colored for her from Harper and cousins. We love Norah's Corner!

Decals on the outside door to liven the room up

A shelf I put together on Christmas day, along with more decals.

Pooh Bear bedding to match!

A couch for mother-daughter slumber parties


 Enjoying her physical therapy while Grandma and her Aunties Em and Shel visited

She loves her new room!





3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year my dear friend. Thinking about you all the time <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shauna, my name is Jaime and I'm friends with Heidi Call. She approached me last week and said that she had a friend who's daughter was an lp. She told me that she passed on my blog to you and that you had already been reading it. Such a small world that we live in. I look forward to following Norah's story and being any help that I can. Even though Caitlyn has a different type of dwarfism than Norah, I'm still offering support. On my blog there's a link to my facebook page, I hope that you'll come and find me. I'll do my best to get you connected with some of the Utah families as well as other families who have SEMD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you're back again, and for the long haul. We've been in that corner room a couple of times, and it really is the best. We were buddies back in the beginning of November when my son was in PICU, and I wanted to meet you, but it never seemed like a good time when you were there. One or the other was always acting up, silly babies. Praying she grows quickly and can come home soon.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails