Saturday, December 3, 2011

Bright Spot

When I was 18 years old I was eager to set out into the world. I knew I needed to get out of the San Francisco Bay Area's economy or I'd never get ahead. I moved to Phoenix with the bravery of someone with nothing to lose. Absence (and distance) indeed makes the heart grow fonder. I became closer to my family than I ever would have imagined. As a result, I miss them like crazy.

Last week wasn't all terrible. My mom came to visit for Thanksgiving! We had a wonderful time, and it was so hard to see her go. Can you believe that this was our first Thanksgiving together in 13 years? I cherish our rare visits, and am so grateful that she arrived right when I needed her. Our one goal for this trip was to get Norah into her arms. Mission accomplished. I love you, mama.


We had lots of fun, including a romp in the backyard. Harper had an especially fantastic time. At times like this, it's ever so important to enjoy the little bright spots in life.







2 comments:

  1. Awesome. Looks like he's doing his best impression of the guy on a buffalo - rompin' around in a pasture

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greg romps like that in his backyard.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails