Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

Jeff is so wonderful. Though I am all about practical gifts (and he knows that), there is no girl out there that doesn't enjoy flowers - even if they're modestly picked from a flowerbed or yard. Jeff had these flowers along with a small box of chocolates delivered to me. AND, he got me a big and beautiful jewelery box! I've never had anything like it, and haven't really had a good place to put my jewelry (I know, shame on me for not taking better care of it). What did I get Jeff, you ask? See the previous posts about his birthday gift - a Macbook Pro. I'll be using that as somewhat of a re-gift for quite awhile. :)

We've had a rough last couple of days. I came down with a nasty bug on Wednesday evening. It came on suddenly - a (very) high fever, hot & cold flashes, and even nausea. It persisted until today. It was really difficult to take care of Harper, since I felt so lethargic. Jeff stayed home to help. I'm not sure how I could have done it without him. The biggest deal here is that I called in sick for the first time in like 8 (yes EIGHT) years. I certainly don't feel guilty about it, either. I'm so glad to be on the mend.

3 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails