Monday, November 8, 2010

The Case of the Coughing Writer

I've been sick for well over a week now. I don't feel as awful as I did at the start of it, but my cough and somewhat intermittent sore throat are lingering. I wonder if it's from daring to run - though I've cut back partially by an elective attempt to mend my body, but also for involuntary reasons. I haven't been sleeping well since the cough peaks in the morning and night. It's difficult to run in the morning when you only have a few hours of sleep behind you. The time change hasn't helped Harper, either. As all parents know, when the little ones doesn't sleep, neither do mommy and/or daddy.

NaNoWriMo is going well, as I find myself a few thousand words ahead of schedule (I passed the 13k mark yesterday), and I'm going strong. I would have hoped for better character development by now, but I suppose that just gives me more to write about. 

Last night Jeff and I just finished watching BBC's Sherlock series on PBS. It's brilliant! It puts a modern-day spin on an old classic, while still paying respect and homage to its original. The writing is razor-sharp, and the performances are equally flawless (I have yet to see Martin Freeman a.k.a Bilbo in something I didn't like). Season One is only three episodes long, but each episode is an hour an a half. So really, it's three feature-length episodes. I like that the long duration gives you a chance to sit down and enjoy an entire story in one sitting, instead of dragging it out over three or four episodes. They have a second season planned, and Jeff & I can't wait. I hope the US airs it as soon as the UK does. I'm such a sucker for BBC productions, especially the Masterpiece Mysteries and Classics. Check out the PBS website to watch previews and see if it's something you might like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails