Thursday, November 1, 2012

Double Halloweens

Harper enjoyed two Halloweens this year. The first was at South Davis, and the second was at home.

It was a busy day, and it was a poor choice to start it with dentist appointments for both Jeff and I. My poor hubbs got one filling and had his top two wisdom teeth pulled. He hadn't anticipated how much it would hurt, and ended up spending most of the day stuck at home managing his pain.

In the afternoon, I took Harper to South Davis so he and Norah could go trick or treating together. They lined up all the patients in the halls of the first floor for their annual event of passing out candy to the community. Jeff's sister Emily brought her two kids so she could help me juggle Harper and Norah. I held Norah while her RT carted her ventilator and oxygen tank. She was a bit overwhelmed by everything, but not in a bad way. She just hasn't seen too many crowds quite like this. She was so adorable in her Princess Leia costume that was custom tailored by a friend. (Thanks Michelle!!) It fit perfectly, and was a million times better than it was when it came out of the package. My "costume" was a matching Leia hat that I had knit just for the occasion.

Afterwards, we went back home for a bite to eat followed by more trick or treating around the neighborhood. Harper sure hit the jackpot, even though he isn't a huge candy lover. It was a fun day despite having to do things in a modified sort of way with Norah at the hospital. Sadly, I didn't get a photo of Harper and Norah together... what was I thinking?!

I've been awfully emotional lately, and I can't quite put it into words yet. Maybe it will be anther post for another day. I hope you all had fun and safe Halloweens with lots of treats and not too many tricks.

Trick or Treat!

Norah uses The Force!

2 comments:

  1. I saw a lot of mario kart this year!! Boy & girl!! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A belated happy halloween to you all. The kids looked great and lucky Harper got double the fun. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails